Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon January 16, 2012
Central Michigan 3-year contract details released
MOUNT PLEASANT, MI – Details have been released of a new three-year contract between faculty members at Central Michigan University and the Mount Pleasant school.
The university said in a statement issued Friday that the deal includes no salary increase during the first year, a 1.25 percent plus $830 increase during the second year and a 1.5 percent plus $835 increase during the third year.
The school's medical health insurance contribution is fixed at levels in effect for 2010-2011.
The university and the CMU faculty association announced Thursday that faculty members voted to approve the deal that runs through June 30, 2014.
The agreement ends a long labor dispute. Faculty struck Aug. 22, the first day of classes for the fall semester.
Additional contract details are posted on the school's website.