Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu April 2, 2009
Cartoonist Hopes His Humor Will Heal
By Kevin Lavery, WKAR Radio News
Lansing, MI – Full Description:
Lansing, MI (WKAR) - Since 2001, comic strip fans have been following the adventures of "Frazz," a beloved janitor who dispenses wit and wisdom to children in a fictious elementary school.
Frazz is the alter ego of Lansing cartoonist Jef Mallett, whose artistic musings appear in 150 papers across the country. This weekend, Frazz leaps off the page and into Mallett's suitcase. The two are embarking on a week-long goodwill tour of military hospitals in the U.S. and Germany.
WKAR's Kevin Lavery reports on one man who hopes his pen will bring comfort to those who wield the sword.
Included in this story: