Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Mon February 15, 2010
Capital Region International Airport incident likely not terrorism
By Mark Bashore, Rob South, WKAR
LANSING, MI –
Lansing airport officials say a Detroit-bound Delta flight was about 45 minutes late for takeoff Sunday evening when a passenger became "impatient" and requested to be taken off the flight. Airport spokesperson Nicole Noll says officials do not believe terrorism played any part in the event.
"No. From the information that I have, this is simply an individual who had become impatient and wanted to get off the aircraft."
The man, who has not been identified, was reportedly subdued by other passengers while the plane taxied back to the gate. He was then taken off the plane and into custody by the FBI and Transportation Security Administration officials.