Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed September 30, 2009
BUDGET UPDATE (12:40 pm): House approves Medicaid, higher education budgets
By Rick Pluta, Michigan Public Radio Network
Lansing, MI – The state House has approved Medicaid and higher education budgets by very slim margins. Many Democrats oppose the pact made by House leaders, despite assurances that budget cuts to health care and scholarships will be restored.
WE'LL HAVE MORE on the state budget later today. Check this website and listen to All Things Considered starting at 4 p.m. on 90.5 WKAR.