Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri April 19, 2013
The Bletchley Circle
WKAR goes all-Brit, all-Sunday evening!
The Bletchley Circle, premiering Sunday, April 21 at 10 p.m. and continuing for three weeks, follows four ordinary women with the extraordinary ability to break codes.
Their skills were honed during World War II when they worked undercover at Bletchley Park, site of the United Kingdom’s main decryption establishment.
Now in 1952, Susan, Millie, Lucy and Jean have returned to civilian life, keeping their intelligence work secret from all, including family and friends. A series of ghastly murders targeting women, however, re-unites the team as they set out to decode the pattern behind the crimes.
British drama fills Sunday evenings beginning at 8 p.m. with Call the Midwife. This week's episode finds Jenny -- and a newborn's parents -- struggling to accept the baby's disability.
Masterpiece continues at 9 p.m. with Mr. Selfridge. This week spunky shop girl Agnes Towler returns to work. But all is not well, as Harry and Rose face a moment of truth, Ellen confronts Harry, and alcohol, pills and driving under the influence take their toll.