Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Wed July 22, 2009
Bernero picks up firefighters' union endorsement
By Rob South, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI – The union that represents Lansing firefighters has endorsed Mayor Virg Bernero in his reelection bid. International Association of Firefighters local 421 made the announcement today. Local president Bryan Epling says Bernero has been committed to supporting the fire department, even through difficult budget years.
"It is comforting to know that our mayor will continue to be an outspoken advocate for the public safety needs of our community and for the men and women of our department," he said.
Last week Bernero picked up the endorsement of UAW Local 652. Lansing City Councilmember Carol Wood, Attorney Charles Ford and local musician Ben Hassenger are challenging Bernero in August fourth's primary.