Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue September 22, 2009
Auto-Owners plans to expand Lansing headquarters
DELTA TOWNSHIP, MI – Auto-Owners Insurance Group says it will build a new corporate complex when it expands its Delta Township headquarters.
The $105.3 million project will be near the company's Delta Township headquarters. It would add a three-story, 250,000 square-foot building on 143 acres.
Most of the land was bought from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan earlier this year.
Once Blue Cross Blue Shield's lease ends in 2012, all or some of the Blue Cross buildings will be demolished to make room for the complex. The insurer says the expansion could create 800 jobs over 10 years with an average salary of $43,000.
The company seeks $6 million in Michigan Business Tax credits for the project.