Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Radio Made in Michigan
Wed May 15, 2013
Author Edward McClelland discusses new book, Lansing roots
Author Edward McClelland got his start as a writer working on the Lookout, the campus newspaper at Lansing Community College. His new book “Nothin’ But Blue Skies: The Heyday, Hard Times and Hopes of America’s Industrial Heartland,” recounts the Midwest’s industrial growth and decline in the second half of the 20th century. He will be at Everybody Reads bookstore in Lansing on Saturday.
Current State’s Scott Pohl speaks with McClelland regarding the effect his Lansing upbringing had on his writing, especially attending Sexton High School across the street from the former Fisher Body auto plant.