Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Fri July 24, 2009
Attendance and donations up at Ag Expo
By Mark Bashore, WKAR News
EAST LANSING, MI – Trucks spent Friday noisily removing implements and exhibits from the site of the MSU Ag Expo. The annual 3-day agriculture event wrapped Thursday in East Lansing.
Organizers say good weather helped boost attendance by 20% over last year. Laura Probyn is a spokesperson for the event.
"Also, our donations for scholarships to the MSU College of Agriculture and Natural Resources were significantly increased this year as well. We were up almost $1,000 over 2008," she said.
Probyn says organizers were also pleased with capacity attendance for a daily demonstration and discussion of wind energy.