Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Radio Made in Michigan
Mon April 8, 2013
Apr. 25 | MSU Wind Symphony on MSU Faculty Recital Series
WKAR Radio will wrap up its debut season of MSU Faculty Recital Series with the MSU Wind Symphony on Thursday, April 25, at 7:30 p.m.
Broadcasting live from Cobb Great Hall at Wharton Center, the concert will focus on Latin music. The concert is part of "Latin IS America: An Arts and Culturally Blended Festival." This two-week festival of musical, artistic and scholarly events celebrates the blending of Latin American and U.S. Cultures.
Kevin Sedatole will conduct the event which feature picturesque modern works that illustrate the blend of the cultures. Matthew Dockendorf is guest conductor for the first selection, "Sensemayá," by Silvestre Revueltas.
The program also includes MSU College of Music associate professor Ricardo Ricardo Lorenz's "El Muro," Michael Colgrass' "Winds of Nagual" and Arturo Márquez's Danzon No. 2.
WKAR's Jody Knol will host the broadcast.
For more about the composers and the concert visit the College of Music website.
More Local Classical