Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Thu November 8, 2012
App Lets You Write Poetry Like William Shatner
Originally published on Thu November 8, 2012 10:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fans of William Shatner out there with a yen to write poetry, there's an app for you. The Shatoetry app allows users to compose poems from 400 words recorded by the former Star Trek captain in his signature staccato voice, like this example on YouTube.
WILLIAM SHATNER: She who lives with caffeine joyously fears not the dark.
MONTAGNE: Shatoetry on MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.