Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed July 8, 2009
AP Source: Pistons, Johnson end coaching talks
DETROIT – DETROIT (AP) - A person familiar with the negotiations tells The Associated Press that Detroit and Avery Johnson have ended talks about filling the Pistons' head coaching vacancy.
The person, who spoke Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the talks were private, says the two sides could not agree on the length of a contract and the salary.
The person also says the team has narrowed their search to Cavaliers assistant John Kuester and Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeu. The team had been interested in former NBA coach Doug Collins.
The Pistons fired Michael Curry as coach last week after one year on the bench.