Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Tue January 24, 2012
Anti-abortion group could get Mich. license plate
LANSING, MI –
A bill that would authorize a fundraising license plate connected to an anti-abortion group is advancing in the Michigan Senate.
Legislation that would allow the license plate linked to Right to Life of Michigan was approved unanimously Tuesday by the Senate Transportation Committee.
The legislation would allow Michigan residents to buy a "Choose Life" license plate with a portion of the money going to Right to Life. The organization says the money would go to abortion prevention projects.
The bill advances to the Senate floor.
The license plate is one of several that soon could be considered by the Senate. Bills to authorize specialty plates that recognize Michigan trails and greenways, professional sports franchises in Detroit and NASCAR also have been introduced.