Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Radio Made in Michigan
Wed March 13, 2013
Ann Arbor high school orchestra wins top national award
The Ann Arbor Pioneer High School Chamber Orchestra was selected as one of 15 orchestras to play at the 2013 National Orchestra Festival Competition held at the American String Teacher’s Association conference in Providence, Rhode Island. Last week, the Pioneer Chamber Orchestra won first place in the string division and was named Grand Champion of the entire event.
The 20-member, conductor-less, student-formed ensemble includes senior cellist Daniel Rothchild. WKAR’s Peter Whorf speaks with Daniel about the formation of the group and their recent national honor.