Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Radio Made in Michigan
Thu March 21, 2013
Ann Arbor Film Festival features documentary 'Central Park Five'
The Ann Arbor Film Festival is underway. Most of the events are at the Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor.
Now into its fifty-first year, the festival has long been a showcase for makers of independent and experimental films.
Current State’s Scott Pohl spoke with program director David Dinnell about the festival’s history and a couple of this year’s highlights.
Credit Courtesy of IFC FilmsKen Burns latest film examines the Central Park 5. In 1989, five minority teenagers were convicted of raping a white female. After serving part of their sentence, someone else confessed to the crime.Edit | Remove