After fire seven years ago, Owosso's Lebowsky Center reopens
Seven years ago, a fire badly damaged the Lebowsky Center, home of the Owosso Community Players. A major refurbishing project has been completed, and on Friday night, there’s a grand opening gala to celebrate the completion of work.
The fire at the Lebowski Center occurred on the night before Valentine’s Day. A lot of work, and a lot of fundraising to pay for it, has culminated in its reopening. The people with the Owosso Community Players are revving up for “Shrek: The Musical” over the next couple of weekends.
Current State's Scott Pohl spoke with a few people involved with the Owosso Community Players, starting with Linda Keenan. She’s a past executive director and she served as a rebuild consultant.