Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
Mon June 8, 2009
AAA Michigan: State gas prices up 17 cents
DEARBORN, MI – DEARBORN, MI (AP) - AAA Michigan says gasoline prices are up 17 cents per gallon over the past week to a statewide average of $2.93.
Although the total gas price average in Michigan has jumped $1.13 since the beginning of the year, the auto club said Monday the statewide average still is $1.13 per gallon lower than last year at this time.
Of the cities it surveys, AAA Michigan says the cheapest price for self-serve regular fuel is in the Benton Harbor and Detroit areas, where it's $2.92 a gallon. The highest average can be found in the Marquette area at $2.96.
The statewide average for biodiesel is $2.58 and $2.41 for ethanol.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.