Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Thu December 10, 2009
9 Michigan State players face misdemeanor charges
LANSING, MI – Nine Michigan State football players are facing misdemeanor charges after a Nov. 22 dormitory brawl.
Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III and Michigan State University Police Chief James Dunlap said Wednesday that all nine players have been charged with conspiracy to commit an assault and battery.
In addition, all nine have been charged with at least one count of assault or assault and battery. Roderick Jenrette was charged with three counts, while Glen Winston and Ashton Leggett were charged with two counts each.
Coach Mark Dantonio dismissed running back Winston and defensive back Jenrette from the team a few days after the incident. Both were out of the lineup with season-ending injuries.
Eleven other players now have been suspended.