Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Wed July 1, 2009
62 Michigan sex offenders mistakenly released
LANSING, MI – Michigan has put 62 sex offenders back behind bars in the past week who were mistakenly released after being classified in a treatment category that doesn't exist.
Department of Corrections spokesman Russ Marlan said Wednesday
the parolees were picked up immediately after officials discovered
Republican state Rep. Rick Jones of Grand Ledge sent out a news
release Wednesday making the matter public.
Sex offenders recently began taking a new test to identify their
risk of reoffending and level of treatment needed. 62 inmates were mistakenly released without a determination of whether they should get treatment at home or stay
Some have since been released again after the determination was made.