Most Active Stories
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Off the Record | December 13, 2013 | #4325
Mon April 6, 2009
60 arrests in East Lansing after Sat. game
By Scott Pohl, WKAR Radio News
East Lansing, MI – Police say there were about 60 arrests in East Lansing following Saturday night's MSU victory in the Final Four.
About two-thousand people were estimated to be in the Cedar Village area after the game. East Lansing police chief Tom Wibert describes the crowd as "celebratory."
The arrests were for offenses like throwing objects and indecent exposure.
230 police officers from area agencies were on patrol, and police are expected to be out in force tonight, win or lose, when the Spartans play North Carolina for the national championship in Detroit.