Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Around the Nation
Mon May 13, 2013
4-Year-Old Boy Chosen As Mayor Of Dorset, Minn.
Originally published on Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. What the mayor of Dorset, Minnesota lacks in experience he makes up for with youthful enthusiasm. Mayor Bobby Tufts is four years old. He won his seat by having his name picked out of a hat. That's an annual tradition for the small town of 22. Mayor Tufts is celebrated in town as a singer, a dancer, and a fisherman.
At a big fishing event over the weekend, Mayor Bobby Tufts gave this advice: leeches and worms definitely make the best bait. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.