Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Medical Marijuana Activists Cheer As Dispensaries, “Medibles” Bills Clear House Panel
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
Thu June 11, 2009
2nd Mich. resident dies from H1N1 swine flu
LANSING, MI – Michigan officials say a 58-year-old Roscommon County man is the state's second swine flu-related death.
The Michigan Department of Community Health said Thursday that the man died June 4. Lab results on Wednesday confirmed the H1N1 influenza virus.
The department says the man also had other underlying health conditions but did not release any additional information.
Michigan had 418 confirmed cases of swine flu as of Tuesday. A 53-year-old Macomb County woman died June 1 from complications of the virus.
The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention counted 27 deaths from the infection in the United States as of June 5.