Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Fri December 28, 2012
2012 A "Surreal" Year In Michigan Politics
As 2012 winds down, we’re looking back at some of the events and trends of the year. Most people are unlikely to remember 2012 as an uneventful year, politically—especially in Michigan. Rick Pluta of the Michigan Public Radio Network has been covering Michigan politics for 25 years now, and he says it was a year that surprised even him.