Most Active Stories
- Michigan legislators join national push for Constitutional Convention
- A hunt gone wrong: One man's story of survival in the Alaskan wilderness
- DOWNTON ABBEY Special Preview Screening!
- Book Review: Mitch Albom's 'The First Phone Call from Heaven'
- WATCH NOW: East Lansing boys basketball coach Steve Finamore
Tue December 8, 2009
12th-ranked Spartans hold on to beat Citadel 69-56
CHARLESTON, SC – Kalin Lucas had 17 points and No. 12 Michigan State withstood Citadel's hot three-point shooting with a 69-56 victory Monday night.
The Spartans (7-2) figured to have an easier time in their second trip South in less than a week. Michigan State fell at North Carolina 89-82 on Dec. 1.
But the Spartans didn't count on the Bulldogs' long-range threat. Citadel (6-5) made its first seven threes and finished 12 of 20 for the game.
Michigan State, however, held the Bulldogs to two baskets over the last eight minutes to pull away.
Cameron Wells had 16 points to lead Citadel, which fell to 0-34 all-time against ranked opponents.